7 Inch Retractable Trolling Motor Mounts Guaranteed to Last Forever
OUT OF STOCK, See SS-7-HD instead at special pricing.
CNC Machined, and just 2lbs for the base rail assembly, this is our lightest weight most cost effective linear mounting system with a lifetime, unlimited use, warranty*. This model retracts 7.0 inches and is designed to provide a retractable mount base and bracket for your Minn Kota, Motorguide, Rhodan or any other trolling motor. Additionally, our system is the only one available that AUTOMATICALLY retracts and can adjust the amount of force needed to move the carriage along the rail in a linear or non-linear fashion. No other mount today can match the SS-12-15 low weight and retractable capabilities!
While useful for a variety of linear positioning needs, right out of the box the SS-12-15 series is fully compatible with most Minn Kota, Motorguide and Rhodan trolling motors with shaft lengths up to 64 inches and thrust ratings up to 86lbs. If your motor shaft length or thrust exceeds that, one of our HD series or UHD series mounts will cover your needs. Our design is also compatabile with most quick release mounting systems sold today such as RTA-17, MKA-21 and RTA-54**. If you have one of the below listed motors or mounts, the SS-12-15 is all you need.
As an option, we also offer adapters like the BMA-12 and DPA-1 that will prevent you from having to drill additional holes in your boat if you have already previously used other mounts or attached your motor directly to your deck. With one of those adapters there are NO NEW HOLES IN YOUR BOAT!
Need “Quick Release” functionality in addition to the linear positioning that the SS-12 offers? NO PROBLEM, just remove the thumb screws and you can slide the entire carriage bracket off the rail when you don’t need to use it. Simple!
Brief product overview: See Specifications page for complete information .
- Designed to be used with the following mount systems or trolling motors with up to 64 inch shafts and 86lbs of thrust to bring most of the motor inside of the rub rail with approximately 1 to 1.5 inches of the motor skeg remaining outside of the rub rail when fully retracted. All 6 through deck bolts must be used for proper installation. For shaft lengths over 64 inches or thrust ratings over 86lbs, please use an HD or UHD series mounts.
- Minn Kota: Ulterra, Terrova, Powerdrive, Riptide Ulterra, Riptide Terrova, Riptide Powerdrive, Riptide SP/ST, PD/HC Pontoon and DH40
- MotorGuide: Xi5 and Xi3
- Rhodan HD GPS anchors
- Haswing (requires additional holes)
- Water Snake models
- RTA-17, MKA-21 and RTA-54 Quick Release mounts
- JM55007 (RTA-17 / MKA-21 clone) Quck Release mount
- Many other brands that share the same bolt patterns as above
- First bolt hole measured from Rub Rail: Approximately 3.5 to 4.0 inches (See HD or UHD models if unable to get a bolt within 4 inches of Rub Rail)
- Base Rail “Puck” Dimensions: 3.5 x 13.25 inches
- Travel: 7.125 inches
- Surface height: ~1.50 inches from mounting surface (Boat deck typically)
- Rated motor weight (NOT thrust): 75 lbs
- Rated shaft length: UP TO 64 inches
- Rated Thrust: UP TO 84 lbs
- Installation Video (Reference only)
- Installation Instructions
- Warranty: Lifetime, full replacement*
*Please see Warranty page for complete details of coverage
** Requires additional BMAP-54 adapter