Ultra Heavy Duty 7 inch Retractable Quick Release Trolling Motor Mount Guaranteed to Last Forever
CNC Machined from 0.25″ and 0.50″ thick 6061-T6 plate this linear mounting system comes with a lifetime, unlimited use, warranty*. This model retracts 7 inches and is designed to provide a retractable mount base and bracket for your Minn Kota, Motorguide, Rhodan or any other trolling motor as well as many standard quick release mounts such as RTA-17, MKA-21 and RTA-54**. With a built in simple to use quick release mechanism, simply remove the thumb screw and slide the motor off the end of the rail. Easy! Our system is the only one available that AUTOMATICALLY retracts and can adjust the amount of force needed to move the carriage along the rail in a linear or non-linear fashion. Along with the completely hands free integrated brake system that prevents the motor from moving unless you want it to, there is simply no better mounting system available today.
Why choose SS-7-UHD instead of the SS-7-HD?
- Fully supports motor shaft lengths up to 72 Inches! (Need longer? EXD series supports up to 108″)
- Can be mounted so the first bolt through your deck is 6.5 inches from the rub rail (Optional BMAP-RE adapter can increase this distance up to 10.5 inches!!)
- The Stainless Steel brackets that attach to your motor are 50% thicker than our other models
- The SS-7-UHD has all of the features of the SS-7-HD PLUS it uses a thicker 0.50″ base and 0.188″ stainless steel brackets. This allows the mount to protrude further out from a flat deck surface unsuported for boats that have a large slope from the deck to the rub rail. This is common on off shore vessels like Contenders, etc.
- Standard SS-7-UHD features that are also automatically included
- Additional mounting options vs our HD series mounts with a bolt pattern further back on the deck and away from the rub rail to provide more flexible installation choices.
- Provides enough retraction to bring most of the motor inside the rub rail.
- Handles gaps and small spans if your deck is uneven or has a slope or angled section that extends down to the rub rail that prevents positioning mounts close enough to the waterline to allow clearance of the trolling motor shaft.
- You have a heavy motor with a shaft length up to 72 inches and/or in combination with thrust over 80lbs capability, or your going to use the motor in heavy seas such as offshore wreck fishing or anywhere the weather can change or present challenging fishing conditions that demand the highest strength and most stable platform possible for your equipment.
- UHD mounts up to 10 inch models require using the 4 countersunk holes in the base of the mount at minimum for proper attachment
Like the sound of “NO NEW HOLES IN YOUR BOAT?”
We also offer optional adapters like the BMA-12 and DPA-1 that will prevent you from having to drill additional holes in your boat if you have already previously used other mounts or attached your motor directly to your deck.
Product overview (See Specifications page for complete information) .
- Designed to be used with the following mount systems or trolling motors directly that share the same bracket bolt patterns:
- Minn Kota: Ulterra, Terrova, Powerdrive, Riptide Ulterra, Riptide Terrova, Riptide Powerdrive, Riptide SP/ST, PD/HC Pontoon and DH40 in any shaft length or voltage configuration
- MotorGuide: Xi5 and Xi3 in any shaft length or voltage configuration
- Rhodan HD GPS anchors (Directly mounted to SS-7-UHD)
- Haswing (requires additional holes)
- Water Snake models
- RTA-17, MKA-21 and RTA-54** Quick Release mounts
- JM55007 (RTA-17 / MKA-21 clone) Quck Release mount
- Many other brands that share the same bolt patterns as above
- First bolt from the rub rail: Up to 6.5 Inches
- Base Rail “Puck” Dimensions: 13.25 x 4.0 inches
- Travel: 7 inches
- Mounted height: ~1.75 inches from mounting surface (Boat deck typically)
- Rated motor weight (NOT thrust): 100 lbs
- Rated shaft length: UP TO 72 inches
- Installation Instructions
- Warranty: Lifetime, full replacement*
*Please see Warranty page for complete details of coverage
James Alday –
Customer service was amazing and the product is even better, five stars all the way
The mount was a huge life saver for me. I didn’t want to drill new holes in my boat and I wanted the ability to retract the motor back behind bump rails. Chittum 18′, Minn Kota Terrova 54″
Slide works like a charm and has already paid for itself after a bump against the dock! Thanks for making a great product and helping with my installation questions!
I’m super happy with the performance of the shuttleslide. Installation went pretty smoothly.
2008 Key West 225CC Bluewater
I am very satisfied with the product. The reason I chose Shuttleslide is because of the materials you use. I had concerns about the all metal products. I was a boat dealer for 25 years and had the occasion to install a whole lot of different products on boats. Some worked, some didn’t do so well. When I had the chance to see the Shuttleslide, I felt very confident it would work just fine.
I’ve been very impressed with your product. The build quality and functionality are excellent. I’ve fished the last couple weekends with my new trolling motor and have nothing but positive things to say about the shuttleslide. I also really appreciate how helpful you were on the phone before placing my order.
ShuttleSlide customer service was awesome and answered all my questions very quickly before I purchased. I have a MotorGuide Xi5 which has a “dropped” front different from the MinnKota style. They were great in supplying tips for install. The turnaround on the order was very quick and I received my ShuttleSlide UHD-7 in 4 days. A couple things I found which might be helpful for other MotorGuide Xi5 users, their customer service also shared most of this with me before purchasing. As my TM length (54”) is on the shorter side and not wanting to raise the motor anymore than absolutely necessary, I didn’t use the aluminum spacers that were sent with it for MG Xi5 motors that allow full clearance for the “dropped” front. Even without the use of spacers of any kind, the bottom of the motor does just clear the boat deck when sliding it back which is perfect. However, If you don’t use the spaces the inside of the MotorGuide shroud (dropped part) will hit the slide itself after about 3/4 of the overall travel and you won’t get the full sliding range. They were very upfront about this before I purchased hence the reason for the spacers. The inner part of the lower shroud (“drop” that normally hangs over the front of the boat) could be trimmed without affecting the working of the TM, very little needs to be removed, and full travel could be achieved. I choose not to trim the inner plastic shroud after seeing how it worked. I found that, while it won’t travel all the way back on the slide, it still moves the motor far enough back that I didn’t have to worry about it catching the trailer when launching and gets the motor out of the “danger” zone when docking. The only drawback to not using the spacers or trimming the shroud is that you cannot use the quick release feature as you would need to be able to slide it all the way back and off. On the positive side neither can a potential thief. Not sure ShuttleSlide would recommend this, pretty sure they wouldn’t, but If I ever need to remove the TM, I just have to remove the front two stop bolts, which is easy but does require an allen wrench. This isn’t a problem for me as I rarely remove the motor. If someone wanted to take it on and off all the time they would want to trim the shroud or use the spacers. Overall a solid well made product and friendly easy to work with staff that cares about their customers and product. I would highly recommend.
I’m going to post some on jetboatforum for some of the folks who have my same boat. It’s a great solution and has worked quite well so far. Excellent product!
I could not be happier. Excellent build quality and top notch customer service. I did everything myself because of how shuttleslide made their product pretty easy to install. When picking the correct mount, just email them and they’ll work with you to get the exact one for your boat. Being able to retract the trolling motor when not in use is pretty awesome.
Chris Peters –
Install went well other than me having to squeeze into a much smaller area than my body would normally allow. Great product.
I got it put on, about 45 minute install with the bmap-re adapter! Very pleased with it works perfect! Thank y’all again! 5 star review from me!